2.8.09

2009

First time met him, he was my primary school friend. We used to joke around with everything. Anything, in fact. Competition mate to some maths olympiad. That's all I can recall. Heh. Eh. No. His mom even went to school to ask for a change of grade for his music. Got a "C" when that guy's has a Grade 8 in piano. Oh, my mom did too. Lolz. Such coincidence.

After graduating from pri, we went for different sec schools; me Kuching High and him St. Joseph. Both were in the marching band. Both were band majors, different year though.

Last time I've met him in person, I was amazed. First, he's like 190cm (at least?). Instructing a school band. THE St. Joseph school band. The band that is always the best in town.

Last time we've chatted, isn't through msn. It was in facebook. A message sent to the inbox.

"Oi! Budak." 'Budak' literally means kiddo.

Was anything promised then, I wonder? Out for a drink? Perhaps. Meet up when we are both back in Kuching? Perhaps.

A friend, buddy, band major, engineer. A faithful believer who went with the angels. Who went way before us.

Jon, 1986-2009.

Rest well, pal.